Do you need a new canopy for your new Nano CP X without having to pay the $12.49 Horizon Hobby charges for a replacement? Well, you’re in luck because the Solo Pro and V911 canopies fit perfectly on the Blade nCPX. You can find these replacement canopies for as low $0.99 at oversea retailer. Or check eBay for dealers in the states.
The top mounting position fits perfectly. Then you can leave at is and punch a new hole for the lower mount, or trim the lines for a custom look.
This mods pros and cons list:
- The v911’s canopy is much, much, much more durable over the stock nCPX. Weighs ~2.25g. The Solo Pro canopy weighs ~1.85g. (Depending on how you trim.)
- very affordable. MyRCMart carries them from $0.99. Or order from Banggood.com
- alternate look, lines to your nCPX.
- Easy, simple mod!
- No leftover holes that says, look…I re-purposed a canopy from another model.
- Paint scheme and words removable with nail polish remover so you can repaint as you like.
- Bonus: A good way to hide your new purchase from the significant other. Disguised as a cheap $20 chinese FP heli.
- Heavier than stock (1.58g)
- No Blade/nano CPX branding on the heli.
Here’s a red v911 canopy as it is.
Very easy, moderate trimming and you can reshape the canopy to your liking. Here’s one variation. I didn’t punch the hole yet. You can angle the canopy up or down before you punch that second hole. It fits over the battery tray perfectly, and you can still insert the battery all the way forward.
An alternate view.
Here’s what it looks like with yellow Nine Eagles Solo Pro styling. It’s very vibrant and actually matches the nCPX yellow tail better than the nCPX’ own canopy does.
The Solo Pro’s canopy material is similar to the nCPX’ stock canopy. The v911 canopy however, is a very durable plastic. That’s the one to get for durability. Or get them all. It’s cheap!!!
Here’s the Solo Pro in blue. Also known as the Soars in some parts of the world.
The blue v911 canopy looks like this:
Anyways, hope those are good leads to finding cheap canopies that fits your new Blade Nano CP X. They take a much better beating than the stock nCPX canopy. Important if you’re going to be doing 3D. :)
Link to discussion thread on HeliFreak.